Antioxidants improve the flavor and shelf life of foods by slowing down the lipid oxidation process and consequently delaying the development of rancidity. The need for effective solutions against lipid oxidation is growing due to the rise of unsaturated fats as a healthier alternative to saturated fats, increased use of environmentally friendly packaging materials, and more complex food processing from the convenience food market.
Gillco's range of Antioxidants includes the GUARDIAN® line of Rosemary and Green Tea extracts and Tocopherols, specifically designed blends of these ingredients and Verdad® celery, cherry and rosemary powder extracts.
Main Application Areas:
- Fats and oils
- Margarines and spreads
- Soups and sauces
- Dressings and marinades
- Processed meat and fish products
- Bakery products such as cereals, biscuits and crackers
- Shelf-life extension by delaying oxidative rancidity
- Consistent product quality from batch to batch by minimizing variation in taste, aroma, color and texture
- Low usage levels allow for minimal cost to improve quality
- No loss in nutritional value
- Label friendly