Baked goods – what would we do without them? From donuts, to cake, to crackers, to bread – the bakery category is filled with a variety of goods that are a staple in consumers’ kitchens. When it comes to sourcing ingredients for our bakery customers, we work closely with our manufacturing partner, DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences. DuPont’s offerings in the bakery space help to improve quality, maintain freshness, and develop new healthier options.
There are quite a few different aspects that need to be considered when formulating a baked good. Below we’ll discuss the various characteristics, customer needs and product solutions (emulsifiers/enzymes, antimicrobials, antioxidants) that we have available for our customers.
• GRINDSTED® NG 100 – Improves the texture/tenderness of cakes
• POWERSoft® C Donut 7035 – Improves the texture/tenderness of donuts
• POWERSoft® YR Donut 7007 – Improves the texture/tenderness of bread
• POWERFresh® 9705, 9706 – Improves the texture/tenderness of buns/rolls
• PANODAN® 205, 150 – Increase volume for yeast raised bakery
• POWERBake® 6090, 960 – Yeast raised pastries are collapsing
• GRINDSTED® GA 1350 – Increase bake volume in cakes
• POWERBake® 7000 – Increase bake volume in breads/buns/rolls
• GRINDSTED® Pectin RS 400 & Walocel CRT 20000, 30000 – Product drying out during shelf life
• MicroGARD® 200, 200 CO, 910F – Increase mold-free shelf life, label-friendly
• Natamax® B, B+ – Label-friendly mold-free shelf life
• GUARDIAN® CHELOX L (water soluble) – Increases shelf life quality
• GUARDIAN® Green Tea Extract 20M – Decrease off-notes in baked goods
• GUARDIAN® TOCO 70 (fat soluble) – Decrease rancidity over shelf life time
• SUPRO® XT 219 D – Increase the protein content of the baked good
• SUPRO® 580 Nugget – Wants a different texture for the baked good
• TRUPRO® 2000 – Wants non-allergenic form of protein
Have any questions about our bakery ingredient solutions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.