The better-for-you gummy trend is still going strong, and we’ve got just about every ingredient solution to help formulate the most delicious product.
There’s a lot that goes into making a gummy candy, from ensuring taste, texture, mouthfeel, food safety and structure are up to par.
Learn about our ingredient offerings and how they can help specifically with a gummy application.
*Manufacturing partner – Corbion
• Lactic acid – pH regulation, reduce sugar inversion/cold flow, reduce gelatin degradations, maintain texture, flavor enhancement
• Malic acid – Acid sanding powder
*Manufacturing partner – Cargill & Nagase
• Stevia & Erythritol – Zero calorie, non-artificial sweeteners that can help reduce sugar content but maintain sweetness
• Trehalose – Enhances freshness, flavor and texture
Gums & Systems
*Manufacturing partner – DuPont
• Pectin & Carrageenan – Consistent texture, improved tolerance towards process variations, process optimization, more chewy and elastic texture, excellent flavor release
*Manufacturing partner – Big Country Foods & Cargill
• Organic Tapioca Syrup – Adds moisture, sweetness and is a 1:1 replacement of corn syrup. It also serves as a binder.
• Organic Cane Sugar – Minimally processed, certified organic, non-gmo, fair trade
*Manufacturing partner – Cargill
• Corn & Tapioca Starch – Provides structure, enhances texture, increases opacity
Do you need help formulating a label-friendly gummy? Contact us today to talk to one of our product specialists.