The active compounds of MicroGARD™ products are natural metabolites produced by fermenting selected food grade cultures on dairy- and/or sugar-based ingredients. Microgard products are labeled either Cultured Dextrose or cultured Skim Milk.
MicroGARD™ products are effective against Gram-negative bacteria, Gram-positive bacteria and/or yeasts and moulds. The key benefit of using MicroGARD™ fermentates is shelf life extension or maintenance by preventing growth of undesirable microorganisms.
Customer benefits are:
- Little or no influence on taste, flavor and color of foodstuff
- Replacement of chemical preservatives by a natural and safe solution
Main application areas:
- Bakery products and fillings
- Dairy products such as cheese
- Low pH dressings and sauces
- Processed meat products
- Chilled, pasteurized ready-to-eat meals
Call us to help you choose the right MicroGARD™ product.