Phenolics are traditional antioxidants such as BHA (butylated hydroxyl anisole), BHT (butylated hydroxyl toluene), TBHQ (tertiary butyl hydroquinone) and propyl gallate.
They are highly soluble in oils and fats. Phenolics can slow down the first reaction of lipid oxidation processes and avoid the appearance of lipid free radicals to the effect that they delay the development of oxidative rancidity.
- BHA and TBHQ as pure phenolics in the EMBANOX™ range
- All types of phenolics as part of the tailored blends in the GRINDOX™ range
The key customer benefit is shelf life improvement or extension by delaying oxidative rancidity.
Additional benefits are:
- Easy use due to high solubility
- Consistent product quality from batch to batch by minimising variation in taste, odour, colour and texture
- No loss in nutritional value
We surely have the right solution for your needs within our range of:
- EMBANOX™ BHA and EMBANOX™ TBHQ as pure phenolics
- GRINDOX™ blends as an antioxidant solution for optimum cost effective benefits. Each of our solutions contains typically one or more antioxidants, a chelator and a carrier system - often incorporating Danisco emulsifiers for better distribution in the food product.
Main application areas
- Fats and oils
- Margarines and spreads
- Soups and sauces
- Dressings and marinades
- Processed meat and fish products
- Bakery products such as cereals, biscuits and crackers