Natamax™ AntimicrobialsThe active compound of Natamax® products is natamycin, a natural antimycotic polyene macrolide produced by fermentation of Streptomyces natalensis bacteria.
Natamax® is one of the most effective natural technologies against yeasts and moulds.
The key benefits for customers and end consumers of using Natamax® products are:
- Food safety improvement by protecting foodstuff against mycotoxin production such as aflatoxin
- Shelf life extension or maintenance by controlling and delaying fungal and yeast growth
Customer benefits besides food safety and food preservation are:
- Replacement of chemical preservatives by a natural and safe solution
- Extra safety for consumer due to no reported allergic or sensory reactions
- Little or no influence on taste, flavor, color of foodstuff
- No migration into the foodstuff when applied on the surface, thus limiting the concentration
- Cost-effective solution due to high efficacy at low concentrations
- Possible usage in fermented products due to no action against bacteria
- Allowing new formulation due to not needing low pH to be effective
Main application areas:
- Surface treatment of cheeses
- Surface treatment of dried and semi-dried cured meat products
- Yogurt, sour cream
- Wines and fruit juices
- Bakery products
Call us to help you choose the right Natamax® product.